– When you visit our website, we may collect certain personal information about you, such as your email address and certain information about the device used when browsing our website.
– We use this information to improve our website and our communication with you.
– We do not sell or rent your personal information, but we may share it with the consultants who manage our site. Those consultants may be based in the United States.
– While we use appropriate technical measures to protect your personal data, we can’t guarantee its complete security.
– Our website may have links to other websites that we do not control. We will therefore not accept any responsibility in connection with your visiting those third-party sites.
For more detailed information please refer to the sections below.
What personal information do we collect?
Ludwig Cancer Research and Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research Limited (collectively, “Ludwig,” “we” and “us”) may gather certain information about you that identifies you as an individual (“Personal Information”) when you interact or use our website(s), including downloading materials from our web pages (collectively the “Websites”).
Information you provide to us:
The type of information we may collect directly from our users includes email addresses provided by users who wish to receive our communications.
Information we automatically collect:
When you visit the Websites, we collect certain information related to your device, such as your device’s IP address, referring website, what pages your device visited and the time that your device visited our Website.
How do we use your Personal Information?
We will use your Personal Information we collect through our Websites:
– To administer our Websites and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, statistical and survey purposes;
– To improve our Websites to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
– As part of our efforts to keep our Websites secure.
Our use of your Personal Information may be based on our legitimate interest to ensure network and information security or your consenting to it.
We reserve the right to access, read, preserve and disclose any Personal Information as necessary to comply with law or court order; enforce or apply any agreements we may have with you and our other agreements; or protect the rights, property or safety of Ludwig, our employees, our users or others.
How do we share your information with third parties?
We do not rent or sell your Personal Information to anyone.
We may share your information with third party vendors, consultants and other service providers we employ to perform tasks on our behalf—for example, to consultants who design and manage our Websites. They may be based outside the European Economic Area (the “EEA”) and Switzerland, in particular, in the United States. We will process your Personal Information to the standard required by this privacy notice and we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your Personal Information is treated as safely and securely as it would be within the EEA and Switzerland, including Standard Contractual Clauses, Swiss Transborder Data Flow Agreement.
Under certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose your Personal Information in response to valid requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
As a data subject, you have the following rights:
– The right to be informed about our collection and use of Personal Information;
– The right of access to any Personal Information we are holding about you;
– The right to rectification if any Personal Information we are holding about you is inaccurate or incomplete;
– The right to be forgotten—i.e. the right to ask us to delete any Personal Information we are holding about you;
– The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your Personal Information;
– The right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your Personal Information to re-use with another service or organisation);
– The right to object to us using your Personal Information for particular purposes; and
– Rights with respect to automated decision making and profiling.
If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your Personal Information, please contact us and we will do our best to solve the problem for you. If we are unable to help, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Officer (“FDPIC”) and/or any competent EU supervisory authority (as the case may be).
We use appropriate technical, organizational and administrative security measures to protect any Personal Information we are holding in our records from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
As you are aware, no company or service can guarantee complete security. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of user Personal Information at any time.
Definitions and Interpretation
means a small file placed on your computer or device by this Website when you visit certain parts of this Website and/or when you use certain features of this Website;
means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 and of EU Regulation 2016/679 General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and the Swiss Data Protection Act (“DPA”);
means any and all data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified from that data, as defined by the DPA and/or GDPR; and
means Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research Ltd, a Swiss company whose registered address is Stadelhoferstrasse 22, 8001 Zurich.
Information about us
This Website is owned and operated by Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research Ltd. We can be contacted at 666 Third Avenue, 28th floor, New York, NY 10017; 212-450-1500.
This Website may place and access certain first-party Cookies on your computer or device. First-party Cookies are those placed directly by us and are used only by us. The only Cookies used by this Website are for analytics services provided by Google. We use these Cookies to facilitate and improve your experience of this Website and to provide and improve our services.
What Cookies does this Website use?
Consent and Control
Before Cookies are placed on your computer or device, you will be shown a pop-up requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling us to provide the best possible experience and service to you. You can choose to disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies, but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser or the documentation that came with your device.
If you go on a page on our website that contains embedded content, you may be sent cookies from these websites. Examples of embedded content could include YouTube videos and “share” buttons to easily share articles with friends and colleagues through networks, such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. These sites may set a cookie when you are also logged in to their service. We do not control the setting of these cookies and suggest you check the third-party website for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.
Changes to the privacy notice
This privacy notice was last updated in September 2018. As we try to improve our Websites, we may need to change this privacy notice from time to time as well. You are therefore invited to periodically review this privacy notice.
The Ludwig Institute has not independently verified information provided by scientists, which may appear in the biographies contained herein.
If you have any questions about the Websites or if you wish to withdraw any consent given by you, please contact us by email at email@example.com.
Vice-President for Communications
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research Ltd
666 Third Avenue, 28th Floor
New York, N.Y. 10017 United States
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure that your query is clear, particularly if it is a request for Personal Information we are holding about you.
Chief Privacy Officer
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research Ltd